This book simplifies the powerful, complex ideas of The Craft of Piano Playing without dummying them down. Making the technical tools of The Craft of Piano Playing accessible to your young students will:
- Empower their technique
- Enhance their musicianship
- Eliminate the risk of injury
- Stimulate their enthusiasm
Based on Alan Fraser’s The Craft of Piano Playing¸ these exercises address the importance of
teaching proper technique and musicianship from the very beginning. Of use to:
- Teachers who have trouble teaching beginning, new, or transfer piano students
- Teachers looking for a new dimension in their teaching of technique
- Teachers seeking inspiration or trying to improve their own technique
- Pianists who had never had their technique properly developed or explained
The Craft of Piano Playing Simplified will eventually be published in book form: we want your help in bringing it to press. Download the modules, use the exercises with your pupils, and get back to us with your recommendations:
- What exercises are effective?
- Which could be discarded with no loss of quality?
- Which need updating?
- What changes/improvements would your recommend?
- Do the exercises stand alone or do they need photo illustrations?
- Would a simple musical etude associated with each exercise improve the format?
Designed to develop and refine the Kiddie Craft concept with input from the community.